What is Industry 4.0?
Industry 4.0 Revolution and Evolution
Industry 4.0 is all about 4th Industrial revolution which has widespread applications across a variety of Industries including manufacturing and processing industry. It is about using technologically advanced systems and solutions (IIoT, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) for smarter manufacturing.
What is IIoT?
IIoT Industry 4.0
IIoT means Industrial Internet of Things. It provides an ecosystem to integrate various business functions for smarter and timely
decision making. For a factory IIoT is a means to achieve Smart manufacturing in a smart connected factory (as per Industry 4.0)
wherein each of the equipment communicates with other equipment and / or with the centralized software platform and
constantly generates useful data in real-time (and stored historically as well).
Why should a Manufacturing Industry or a Plant go for IIoT (Industry 4.0)?
Industry 4.0 is the latest in revolutionizing various industries including manufacturing and processing industry. IIoT brings immense benefits to a Company by making all it's decisions data driven and bringing in the following benefits -
- Cost reduction through resource optimization (Resource = Raw Material, Energy, Man-power etc.).
- Accurate Data driven decisions for predictive maintenance, inventory management, SCM management etc.
- Better business insights through improved revenue & sales forecasts.
- Improved OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Identification of new business opportunities.
- Automation through prescriptive analytics (Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning).
Industry 4.0 Typical Plant Layout
Industry 4.0 - Enerco Services & Solutions
Enerco Energy Solutions LLP assists manufacturing and processing Industries in their quest for becoming Industry 4.0 (and Industry 5.0) compliant. Our services and solutions include complete spectrum for any type of Company, whether starting from scratch or Company which has taken the initial steps.
The 1st and foremost step in becoming Industry 4.0 compliant is identifying the business goals of a Company in conjunction with the production capacities of the manufacturing plants. This 1st step plays the most important role in overall success of the IIoT project as it lays a strong foundation for a scalable solution with a road map and milestones for future. In fact it is this phase of the overall project that can make or break the project.
Industry 4.0 Project Stages
We adopt a top-down approach going from business use-cases and fragmented into simpler technical use-cases. This approach ensures that IIoT has a direct impact on business goals. We adopt an iterative or agile approach which is the most popular software development models. The difference here is that the agile methodology is applied to the overall project.
The IIoT audit consists of understanding the existing business, manufacturing plant setup, technical processes, business processes, equipment set up etc. In addition to understanding the present setup the IIoT audit also consists of detailed discussions with the plant team from various divisions including business, maintenance and production.
To know more about our Industry 4.0 Services and Solutions offerings and to receive our FREE Industry 4.0 IIoT Guidebook PDF (v 4.0 January 2020) simply Contact Us.
Industry 4.0 and IIoT Terms (along with full-form)
- Industry 4.0 - Industry 4.0 is about recent advancements in data technology for business predictability and continuity.
- IoT - (full-form) Internet of Things refers to a system of connected equipment for remote data access and control.
- IIoT - (full-form) Industrial Internet of Things refers to a system of connected equipment, machines, business systems (ERP) within a factory and Company for remote data access, control and accurate decision-making.
- AI - (full-form) Artificial Intelligence refers to application of computer intelligence to present deep meaningful and insightful data for smart decision-making
- ML - (full-form) Machine Learning refers to the process of machines learning a trend from their own data (and cloud-based data) for efficient operations and control.
- AI/ML - (full-form) Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning jointly used to describe a fully compatible, matured, modular, scalable and future-ready system for self-sustenance, automation and prescriptive analytics.
To download Industry 4.0 related pdfs, ppt and article do check out our Whitepapers and Case-Studies section.
To know more please drop us a mail on email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to assist you further.